allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kampung Chicken Fillet Bento

Nope !! Didn't go jogging this morning. Don't have that kind of energy EVERYDAy !! haha! Just occasionally..

As usual, I put the rice in the rice cooker the moment I woke up. For just in case I like to do a rice bento for the day.

So, today is one of those days. Which is just as well, because I forgot to bake a loaf of bread last night. Was exhausted and totally forgot. I normally put the ingredients in and put the breadmachine on timer, so baking a loaf of bread everyday wasn't too much trouble.

This is Ashley's bento.

Bento #124

It's rice onigiri with fried free-range chicken fillet on the side.

SL388453

Added some cherry tomatoes to fill the gaps because its the only vegetable I have left in the fridge. Haven't been doing grocery shopping lately. You can tell looking at husb's bento below. haha.

Anyhow, Ashley's rice onigiri has crab-stick filament on its bottom half. I love it's radiant red colour.

SL388460

As mention, because of the sparse fridge, husb's bento is merely sushi.

Bento #125

SL388439

It's the first time I am using a plastic mat instead of a bamboo mat. So the sushi don't look so good. Edible anyhow. *grin*

The top half tier is sushi with pickled radish and zucchini.

SL388440

The bottom half tier is spam with , what else, pickled radish again.

Told u fridge is bare today!

Will need to go to the supermarket tonight, much as I hate to waste time there.

Husb complained not much protein in there but I had thought with the spam so high in sodium, I had better tone the spam down. Didn't fry hubby some of those chicken fritter because I didn't think to pack a bento meal for him till the last minute. So, didn't have much time left.

SL388441

I knowwwww !!! I need a new changgih camera. Noted your many reminders,Hijackqueen ! *grin*

Short post today again, cos need to get lots stuff done this few week.

Have a great week ahead, all, and Happy Bentou-ing !!

Labels:

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

26 Comments:

  • wah...didn't go market also can make such nice bentos ah! yummy!!

    By Blogger 2ma, At 1:29 PM  

  • ashley's bento is so cute!! I know mine would be so happy to see something like that but i'm too lazy :( hey, you still have time to do the sushi? amazing :D

    By Anonymous mommy to chumsy, At 9:00 PM  

  • dear, it looks delicous... yummy...

    By Blogger Pohling, At 12:33 PM  

  • Hi, your bentos are soooo lovely and salute you for the efforts and time spent to make such lovely bentos!

    By Blogger Bits, At 12:54 PM  

  • jom, we go shopping & marketing together gather...my fridge also the same **grin**
    -nowadays, i buy things fresh everyday when my mind can think of what to cook for the boys tomorrow :)
    -if u ask me to go marketing, i wouldn't know what to buy too if i've no idea what to cook :(... lazy to plan la, blek!!
    -eh, next time take photo, hand dun shake lar :)P

    By Anonymous jacss, At 2:30 PM  

  • When I'm busy with work..I'm lazy to do grocery shopping too..!! But what to do..kalau kita tak buat, siapa lagi eh..?
    Anyway, your bento still makes me drool..whatever the ingredients are haa ha..!
    Wahh u are so brave to go jogging at 6am..? I'm a bit scared, too early. Yes we have guards but I'm also afraid if I see dogs :P

    By Blogger Unknown, At 6:37 AM  

  • I'm scared of doing grocery shopping, cause the vege always rot in my fridge before I got time to cook it... so, you can find time to do such nice bento, really bravo

    By Blogger MiChi, At 11:50 AM  

  • Nice bento!

    By Blogger cre8tone, At 5:16 PM  

  • my goodness,
    u r such a supermama!!
    u have time preparing ol those cute healthy bento for kids n hubby,
    still hv time for jogging..

    how i wish to be such a creative mom like u! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:03 PM  

  • Empty fridge can still make cute bentos.... well done!

    By Blogger 3lilangels, At 3:14 PM  

  • Really, I'm impressed with your energy!

    By Blogger JK, At 7:09 AM  

  • Amazed at your creativity even when your fridge is near bare!

    By Blogger Blessed mum, At 11:34 PM  

  • I love the radiant colour too!
    Ashley's bento won, errr... in comparison to the other two... *giggle*

    To pack it that way is just too professional!!!
    *Salute*

    By Anonymous Angeline, At 6:43 PM  

  • sedaaaaaaaaaaaap!

    By Blogger Irene, At 1:24 PM  

  • wahahahaha...jessie also commented that you need changgih camera ah? kekeke...time to upgrade liao lor, dear.

    By Blogger Chinneeq, At 3:46 PM  

  • Hi,
    We miss your blog and the 2 girls? Are u still blogging? Come back soon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 12:51 PM  

  • So creative.. love it. I'll do it oneday if i have kids.

    By Blogger -=* hoho *=-, At 4:47 PM  

  • Hi there, would like to get in touch with you, I used to be a memeber of MMB too and went for the Mother's Day UM visit once but lost touch since then. I have just left work and started a new business www.kittystore.biz do have a look if you have the time, I can be contacted at admin@kittystore.biz

    Thanks

    By Blogger The Kitty Store, At 4:14 PM  

  • I think this is not only food, this is art what you are doing. Perfect!

    By Anonymous Tereza Recepti, At 5:42 AM  

  • Hi,

    I always want to ask this Q. What time you wake up to prepare all the cute bento? I woke up at 5.30am but I don't think I manage to do that. You know, with 1 year old son and me myself have to rush to punch in at office at 8am *sigh*

    Love.

    By Blogger Wafaa, At 11:33 AM  

  • wow...I love Bento #124!!This is amazing!

    By Anonymous pulacroatia, At 11:22 PM  

  • nice bento! what abt kimberly's? poor hubby..so plain..haha

    By Anonymous wen, At 9:58 AM  

  • I'm drooling here!Your bento box is amazing! Thanks for stopping by my blog. If you like to make small purse cards to go with the bento, that will be easier to do and start. Just use smaler piece of card stock and follow the tutorial in my blog. Your daughter would be thrilled! :)Hope you give it a try!

    By Blogger Virginia L., At 9:07 PM  

  • I like the rice onigiri a lot! So vibrant colour.

    By Anonymous KidsDreamWork, At 6:14 PM  

  • hello ..coming by via mamapumpkin's blog.. like to know new mommy bloggers though i m an old one actually.. :)

    By Blogger Reanaclaire, At 2:40 PM  

  • Ashley's bento is really nice. You must have spent so much time and effort to prepare them and it takes only a few minutes to polish off everything! Your girls & hubby are so lucky!

    By Blogger Health Freak Mommy, At 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket