allthingspurple

For Bento Posts under this blog itself, click "here" .For older bento posts, just click on the monthly archives at the side bar.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Scrapbooking a notebook !!

I had some free time over at FIL's house over Hari Raya. Although MIL is staying with us now, my husband still bring her back to FIL's house over every alternate weekend, or whenever there is a long holiday since she missed her own house. And having nothing to do there, it not being MY kampung, it is such a perfect time for scrapbooking. You can only do so much reading and swimming! ha! ha!

I gave Kimberly the gypsy one that we did at Val's workshop but she says she doesn't like it. She wants something "prettier" and with "prettier colours". YOu would have thought that for a 10 year old who thinks leather jackets and black leggings are cool, she be all over the gypsy album. Not so! Just as well, cos I want it for myself.*grin*

Hence, the pink theme for the forthcoming scrapbook project!




I have very limited resources and have to make do with the 3 pieces of pink acid free papers that I have. When I ran out, I use some of the pink ones that was a freebie off a scrapbook magazine.




I cut out the title from another 12 x 12 patterned paper with like logo prints. The pink flower was a leftover from cutting another die cut.

I merely stick a number 10 sticker over the pink flower for contrast.




This is the back page of the cover.



The birdcage would have look gorgeous if I had cut it out of chip board for a 3D effect, but being such a newbie, I only have one chipboard on hand, and I already used that for the cover, so had to make do with using some scraps that I have. I have so many materials that I need but have no time to go get them.




I figured that for a notebook, Kimberly doesn't need my expensive acid free papers to write on, so I cut out plain A4 papers for her to write on. Scrapbooking tools really make it easy for one. I use my dreamkutz to cut them papers and they were all straight as it can be.

I had to admit scrapbooking even 2 pages took me awhile to cut, adhere, embellish, but I don't plan to rush it. I figure that I am going to scrapbook whenever I need to wind down. Despite scrapbooking being so time-consuming, I have to admit that it is greatly soothing for the soul, and I found it oh-so-relaxing, and fun!!

It is a really great thereupatic way to spend a lazy afternoon instead of shopping! And the kids had fun making cards while I am scrapbooking.

I added some fun stuff for Kimberly to play with in her notebook and will share that in my next post.

You guys have a great Malaysia Day now, and Happy Scrapbooking, guys !!

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

10 Comments:

  • So prettyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! I will never be able to do this for 2 reasons. Zero creativity and zero patience.

    By Blogger Bryan and Brandon's Mama, At 6:24 PM  

  • hey~! Good to see you back to blogging again... and you are good in handycraft too... you had artistic hand!

    By Blogger MiChi, At 11:53 AM  

  • So lovely done!

    By Blogger cre8tone, At 4:03 PM  

  • finally u are back to blog on something new! that scrap book is really pretty. like it very much.

    By Blogger Chinneeq, At 5:52 PM  

  • At least your girls will make cards near you... My boys?
    Choy ngor ter saw!!

    By Blogger NomadicMom, At 10:54 PM  

  • So sweet and pretty.
    Good that you find it theuraptic. I think for me....I'll find it VERY stressful! Ha ha. Creativity and me just don't go hand in hand ;)

    By Blogger Adrine, At 10:36 AM  

  • haha..Paik Ling, yes, it does take some patience. But then, I have always loved painting as a teenager.

    Thanks, Michi, haha. I guess some people just love making stuff with their hands.

    Prince and Princess mum, thanks for your kind words.

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 11:45 AM  

  • mummy to QiQi, will share what I did with the stickers in later posts. Thanks for telling me where to find them!

    Nomadic, didn't go so smoothly also. I think I cater to their endless questions more. But it's great to be able to bond with my girls again. Been neglecting them so much.

    Adrine, hahaha..you are so farneee..at least your other half is great with creativity! I saw Elyssa's homemade lantern. It was awesome!

    By Blogger allthingspurple, At 11:49 AM  

  • Really lovely

    By Anonymous Holly, At 9:00 PM  

  • Where u buy this kit...i just to try make the scrapbooking...u're scrapbooking very nice...;)

    By Blogger Siti Asiah, At 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home









Ditch the Disposables





Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape



Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket